- How will we build product data?
- What resources do we need?
- Who will execute our strategy?
- How will we manage all of the moving pieces?
Building E-Commerce Product Content & Data
Building product data often starts with identifying where you are going to put all of this data. Product Information Management (PIM)—sometimes called Product Content Management (PCM)—includes the systems, strategies, and processes for managing product content. As B2B business evolves into more channels of access and distribution, PIM becomes more and more critical to the smooth, efficient transmission of information throughout the supply chain.
Organizations should consider using a PIM or PCM if any of these describe your organization:
- You don't have a place to centrally manage product content for e-commerce, business and channel partners, and other customer facing channels.
- Your product content today is managed through email and excel spreadsheets.
- Your source of truth for product information is the internal facing data in the ERP.
- Your product information is stored and spread across multiple systems.
- Your content is inconsistent or you have data quality issues
B2X helps develop your PIM strategy to streamline, centralize, and optimize your product content for easy updates, changes, and distribution throughout your business and to your trading partners.
Project management is about providing rigor to your e-commerce project. Your agency and implementer often provide plans for their responsibilities but that often leaves gaps of where your resources are needed. B2X builds a comprehensive project plan that includes all of the tasks and roles that exist in the project.
- Project plan development
- Communication planning
- Roles and responsibilities
- Status meetings
- Steering committee updates
- Budget maintenance