Product Information Management (PIM) - sometimes called Product Content Management (PCM) - includes the systems, strategies and processes for managing product content. As B2B business evolves into more channels of access and distribution, PIM becomes more and more critical to the smooth, efficient transmission of information throughout the supply chain.
Organizations should consider using a PIM or PCM if any of these describe your organization:
- You don't have a place to centrally manage product content for e-commerce, business and channel partners, and other customer facing channels.
- Your product content today is managed through email and excel spreadsheets.
- Your source of truth for product information is the internal facing data in the ERP.
- Your product information is stored and spread across multiple systems.
- Your content is inconsistent or you have data quality issues
B2X helps develop your PIM strategy to streamline, centralize, and optimize your product content for easy updates, changes and distribution throughout your business and to your trading partners.
Product Information Management is a strategy, it is not a product, it is not a technology, it is a proactive decision to manage product data to achieve stated business objectives. Every successful PIM Initiative is rooted in defined and measurable business objectives. Whether it is to reduce time associated with new product introductions, increase the effectiveness of your eCommerce site, improve search-ability, or reduce customer support inquiries, B2X Partners will assist you in aligning those objectives with your overall requirements resulting in a sound strategy for the initiative.
Specifically we support your strategy development activities including:
- Objectives definition and alignment
- Current state assessment
- Internal resourcing plan
- Requirements analysis and definition
- Information architecture development
- Technology and vendor assessment
This is where the rubber meets the road and the best of plans can get off track. It is also the opportunity to deliver game changing results. It's where the technical concepts like data modeling, data governance, workflow and attribute definition come together with an implementation approach and one or more technologies to meet those business objectives. B2X Partners provides a full set of technology and implementation services to ensure this stage is a game changer for your company.
Specifically we offer Implementation services in the areas of:
- Data Modeling
- Data Integration Approaches
- Data Governance Alignment
- Business Process Analysis
- Taxonomy/Hierarchy Development
- Multichannel Communication Approaches
- Implementation Project Management