Consolidated Supply is a distributor of plumbing, water works and hydronics located in the Pacific Northwest. With a strong content site, Consolidated was looking to launch their first eCommerce site. This was the start of a digital transformation – building a revenue-generating DigitalBranch to complement their offline business.
To support this transformation, they looked to B2X to help with strategic direction, technology selection and design. To kick off this engagement, B2X first engaged with an in-depth look at the current needs of the business and their customers. Looking at the competitive landscape, the market potential and customer expectation, B2X developed a strategy and roadmap, including a financial model for growth.
Drawing from the strategic plan, B2X was then brought in to help with the technology selection. Needing to integrate with their ERP, Consolidated needed eCommerce solutions that were fast-to-market and seamlessly aligned with their existing backend. Through detailed vetting, B2X Partners brought the selected partner to Consolidated.
With the user experience and design teams working closely together, B2X created an eCommerce site design. Leveraging Consolidated’s brand assets, the responsive design:
- Used carefully selected colors and clear fonts to make the site easy to scan
- Developed separate authenticated and unauthenticated user experiences
- Implemented clear, unique icons to guide the user
- Focused on products, while showcasing high-impact photography
- Developed a streamlined My Account and Checkout for quick account management and purchasing pathways
B2X Services Implemented
eCommerce Strategy & Roadmap
eCommerce Site UX & Design