09 Aug Gamut.com Educational Email Marketing
Grainger’s Gamut.com site is a new, slimmed-down approach to industrial shopping and purchasing. They know this is a new direction online, and new directions require a few core supporting tools:
- Excellent user experience that makes new process seem familiar and intuitive
- Analytics to track what is working and what isn’t
- Educational support
Today, we’re looking just at Gamut’s email marketing. Their Welcome Series emails does a few very nice things right off the bat:
Looking from the top-down we see a number of simple-looking but sophisticated choices:
- slim logo so you get to the meat of the email quickly
- purchase promotion called out with a red background
- interesting image showing a person walking – reflecting forward motion
- a quick overview of the benefits of Gamut with a clear CTA
- an easy opt-out of the Welcome Series.
We are partial to small gestures like this. They give a nod to your customers to show that you know what they know and want to respect their time.
- education on the UX of the new site:
- Category Images: showing what kind of images appear on the site, how they can be used, and your customer benefits
- Product Descriptions: describing the points of differentiation and benefits of their product descriptions. A detail, but one they know their customers will value.
- Define the points of communication where you’ll teach and promote the why and how of your site, for example:
- on your site
- on social media
- through email marketing
- Design your other communications to reflect your brand and be optimized for the medium (in this case, email)
- Consider where you can customize or highlight points of differentiation or value that you provide your customers. Where can you show them that you get it?
Questions for you: Do you do email marketing? What is the content? Who does it serve? Who isn’t being served?