13 Jun Persona Marketing on Amazon Business
The elephant in the internet, Amazon is always a good place to find eCommerce inspiration. Their B2B site Amazon Business is no exception. One of the first jobs of Amazon Business is to sell Amazon Business. They take a persona-focused approach to marketing the site. On their What’s Your Role page, they show the following 4 blocks:
This page does a lot of smart work to show potential customers how Amazon Business can make their worklife easier and more efficient. Here’s what they do:
- Ask a filtering question about your job (are you a buyer, a manager, a leader?) in straightforward language. Once you pick that, you know where to dig further.
- They show an “in action” photo (rather than a staged or stock image) of a real-life customer. It’s more accessible and easier to connect with.
- From this customer, they have a testimonial to how the site works (“you just search for it and it’s there”) and how it provides value (“Everything….creates a lot of efficiency”).
- A bulleted list of key features
- And finally, a call-to-action to Learn More to dive in deeper to the services and features.
The great advantage B2B has generally is knowing your clients. The greater advantage smaller players have against Amazon? Really, really knowing your clients. When you know your current and target customers, you can speak directly and specifically to their worklife needs and business goals.